The Desert of Florida records indicate that the first
temple established by the Imperial Council was Rabia Temple
#8 in Jacksonville, Florida in the year 1894.
The Imperial Council also chartered thirteen (13) additional Temples within our Desert. They are: Harram Temple #23 in Tampa, Florida; Ahmed Temple #37 in Tallahassee, Florida; Haggai Temple #55 in Palatka, Florida; Ancient City Temple #63 in St. Augustine, Florida; Osiris Temple #67 in Daytona, Florida; Musad Temple #69 in West Palm Beach, Florida; Kismet Temple #87 in Key West, Florida; Malta Temple #143 in Orlando, Florida; Kazah Temple #149 in Miami, Florida; Murat Temple #180 in Ft. Myers, Florida; Haggai Temple #182 (formely Islam Temple) in Pensacola, Florida; Saba Temple #186 in Pompano Beach, Florida; and Safia Temple #188 in Panama City, Florida.
The Imperial Council deactivated Haggai Temple #55 charter in 1997. They also transferred Osiris Temple #67 charter to Melbourne, Florida and Ancient City Temple #63 to Daytona, Florida.
The Honorable Past Potentate Eric Myers, Harram Temple #23, is the only Noble from the Desert of Florida to be elected to an office of the Imperial Council. Past Potentate James Brimberry has served in the Imperial Appointed position as Regional Director. Other Nobles that were appointed to the position of Imperial Deputy of the Desert are as follows:
The Imperial Council has blessed our Desert with other
Imperial Appointments that are too many to report at this
There are two Temples that have earned special recognition: Harram Temple #23 for outstanding charity donations and for also chartering the first credit union within the Imperial Domain, and Kazah Temple #149 for partnering with the University of Miami to establish a medical organ transplant program and for outstanding charity donations as well.